We are a broadly interested research group, working on topics including
- Characterization of quantum processes and verification of quantum computing components
- Quantum tomography
- (Hybrid) quantum computing
- Quantum simulation (certification)
- Compressed sensing
- Tensor networks
- Aspects of computational complexity
- Applied math
See Contact for directions
- 05|2021 Nikolai Miklin joined the group as a postdoc. Warm welcome!
- 05|2021 The BMBF project MIQRO with our contribution "Characterization, benchmarking and showcase applications for emerging quantum hardware" is starting.
- 04|2021 Christopher Cedzich joined the group as a postdoc. Warm welcome!
- 04|2021 Pascal Baßler joined the group as PhD student. Warm welcome!
- 03|2021 The BMBF project MANIQU with our contribution "Efficient readout of NISQ computers" is starting.
- 03|2021 Optimal noise estimation from syndrome statistics of quantum codes published in Phys. Rev. Research
- 02|2021 Mirko Arienzo and Matthias Zipper joined the group PhDs students, Markus Heinrich as postdoc. Warm welcome!
- 01|2021 Theory of quantum system certification published as a tutorial in PRX Quantum
- 01|2021 Training variational quantum algorithms is NP-hard uploaded to the arXiv
- 11|2020 Our group will be supported by the prestigious Emmy Noether program
- 10|2020 We are hiring: see here
- 09|2020 Alexander Gresch is starting his PhD. Warm welcome (again)!
- 06|2020 Alexander Gresch has finished his Master's degree. Congratulations!
- 06|2020 Reliable recovery of hierarchically sparse signals for Gaussian and Kronecker product measurements finally published in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- 12|2019 Philipp Kammann has finished his Bachelor's degree. Congratulations!
- 08|2019 Recovering quantum gates from few average gate fidelities published in Quantum
- 06|2019 Sample complexity of device-independently certified "quantum supremacy featured in Phys.org
- 04|2019 Simultaneous structures in convex signal recovery - revisiting the convex combination of norms published in Frontiers in Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- 04|2019 Sample complexity of device-independently certified "quantum supremacy accepted in PRL
- 12|2018 Sample complexity of device-independently certified "quantum supremacy -> arXiv
- 11|2018 Recovering quantum gates from few average gate fidelities accepted for a talk at QIP 2019 (among the 60 out of 349 accepted submissions)
- 10|2018 Start of a new lecture: Machine learning in quantum physics
- 09|2018 Recovering quantum gates from few average gate fidelities selected as Editor's Suggestion in PRL
- 08|2018 Lennart Bittel and Raphael Brieger are starting their PhDs. Warm welcome!
- 06|2018 Note on the saturation of the norm inequalities between diamond and nuclear norm accepted in IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory
Fidelity witnesses for fermionic quantum simulations made it into PRL
Start: junior professorship for quantum technology at the Heinrich Heine University of Düsseldorf
Book chapter on thermal quantum states -> arXiv
Direct certification of a class of quantum simulations selected as anniversary highlight in Quantum Science and Technology
On products of Gaussian random variables -> arXiv
Proceedings: On the distribution of a product of N Gaussian random variables
Guaranteed recovery of quantum processes from few measurements and
Mixing properties of stochastic quantum Hamiltonians at TQC in Paris
Mixing Properties of Stochastic Quantum Hamiltonians made it into CMP